- There are endless ways you or your accountant can mess up your taxes, even despite best efforts.
- The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has enormous investigative powers.
- The CRA has a huge prosecution budget that is sometimes spent without regard to proportionality.
- The CRA is vested with highly effective enforcement procedures.
- Scammers very successfully exploit the existing distrust and fear many citizens have towards our tax system. Maybe you know what I'm talking about.
Clicking on this link will take you to a popular blog article I wrote concerning tax avoidance and audits.