Typical issues that lead to criminal or quasi-criminal charges (such as traffic or tax offences) include the following:
- alcohol abuse problems
- lifestyle pressures to continue doing tasks even when they become difficult – such as driving
- depression and mental illness, aggravated by pain, isolation, relationship problems and/or loss of loved ones
- cognitive and physical impairments from taking a variety of prescribed drugs to control medical conditions
- cognitive impairments from too much recreational drug use
- coping with major changes in life, such as moving into a different type of home and losing independence, and, my favourite...
- finally getting caught for something illegal done when younger