*this article was updated October 27, 2022
Many people ask me for help with their family law matters, even though my expertise is in criminal law. Relationship breakdown can quickly turn into the type of case I take on. Your breakdown may lead to investigations and even charges against you.Signs to watch for include:
- your ex has called the police on you, probably more than once;
- your ex has reported you to child welfare authorities;
- your ex has reported you to the Canada Revenue Agency;
- your ex has reported you to animal welfare authorities; or,
- your ex has contacted your boss, your parents, or the person you are currently seeing.