Signs to watch for include:
- your ex has called the police on you, probably more than once;
- your ex has reported you to child welfare authorities;
- your ex has reported you to tax authorities, such as Canada Revenue Agency;
- your ex has reported you to animal welfare authorities; and,
- your ex has contacted your boss, your parents, or the person you are currently seeing.
It can feel quite unbelievable that you find yourself in this situation. Maybe you are even the one making the complaints against your ex! Early legal advice can be helpful when you see signs of conflict escalation such as these, regardless of which side you are on. Call me at 613.203.4874.