* this article was updated February 6, 2021
The Client Kit
If you are considering booking a consultation, or know someone who is, please feel free to call me to request this free 6-page PDF Client Kit.
The Client Kit was created by me. Clients appreciate how useful and informative it is, especially since having legal problems can be a stressful and confusing time for them. Many people have never dealt with a lawyer before except perhaps for day-to-day matters. And each lawyer works differently.
The Client Kit contains:
- useful tips for working together including explanations of fee concepts such as 'retainer agreements' and 'trust accounts';
- explanations of
confidentiality and solicitor-client privilege;
- a worksheet of seven questions you can consider to help you focus before the consultation;
- a handy consultation checklist so you can follow along as the consultation progresses;
- a note-taking guide for you so you are prepared for, and have good notes from, our consultation
What to Expect from the Consultation
When you book a consultation I may ask you to send me documents prior to the appointment, such as a paper you may have received from the police or court telling you of your criminal charge and next court date. Or previous correspondence you may have had with the federal authorities regarding your legal matter. Or relevant emails to which you have access. I'll let you know what to consider giving me in advance if you are comfortable doing so, or to bring to the consultation.
At our meeting, whether by phone or in person, I will help you define your legal problem, explain the relevant procedures, offer solutions, and describe further steps you could decide to take.
Did you know? Communications between you and I are confidential from the first telephone call. Your privacy is granted certain protections through the principles of solicitor-client privilege, client confidentiality, my professional duties, and my office privacy policies.
Call me at 613.203.4874. Visit my main website by clicking here.