Including Criminal Code, Highway Traffic, Income Tax, and Regulatory Offences

Join Lisa Christian's Newsletter

*this article was updated on August 8, 2024

Membership to the Subscriber List is capped and closed to new subscribers on August 1, 2024. Nonetheless, if you have a special interest in joining the newsletter, please contact me to request membership.

I write short criminal-related articles, and subscribers have included librarians, journalists, yes lawyers and legal support workers, artists and musicians, farmers, authors, medical practitioners, business owners, high-tech workers, retired persons, community volunteers, former clients, accountants, financial planners, friends, day-care operators, family, neighbours, and more. When you subscribe, you will receive an email from me each month or so with short criminal-related legal articles and news about up-coming specials. I will never intentionally share your email. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime by reply email.

Join through the contact form on my main website or call me at 613.203.4874. There is a cap on the number of people who receive the newsletter, and the subscriber list is set to close to new subscribers on August 1, 2024. Contact me if you missed the deadline and would like to be added to the list. 

September's issue was titled 'Demystifying Legal Fees'. Everything you need to know, in one page. 

August's issue was titled 'Resources Anthology'. It offered you access to lots of inside baseball type of legal information. 

June's issue was titled 'The Police Called...' It covered what to do when you receive a message from the police asking you to come to the station for an interview. 

July's issue was titled 'Financial Abuse'. How to extract someone from it. I offered three considerations to keep in mind before acting. Then I explained my comprehensive vision of one possible remedy. And even gave a 'pro tip'. 

Join Us

Many subscribers have enjoyed being connected with a lawyer (me) they come to know through the newsletters, and we often communicate through emails to comment on the topics or just to keep in touch. And when you need a lawyer, or need to refer someone to a lawyer, you will have all my contact information at your fingertips.

Join through the contact form on my main website or call me at 613.203.4874.

Here are some comments I have received from long-time subscribers:

"I anxiously await the next newsletter."

"Fabulous, info-packed newsletters!"

"What a generous gift your newsletter always was and is. Thank you ever so much."

"You write so well - one of the best newsletters out there..."

"Your take on criminal law is truly unique, and valuable." 

"You write a fine newsletter!" 

"Always good, practical info, Lisa." 

"I am so thankful to receive Lisa's newsletters! They are chock full of practical and interesting tidbits!" 

"Excellent advice in this newsletter."

"I always learn a lot being on your mailing list."

"I always enjoy reading your letters. They are all excellent. You are a very smart lady!"

"I have found your newsletter to be highly informative and helpful to me."

"I have written before to ensure you know how much I appreciate your newsletters, I always learn something."

"Your content is always well written and informative."

"These are very good, Lisa. I enjoy receiving them."

"Excellent."

"I’m interested in what you have to say, providing insight into a world I know little about."

"I always enjoy your brief newsletters."

"I enjoy reading your newsletters both for the style of writing and the content - glimpses into a world I know little about."

"Just wanted to say that I always learn a lot from your newsletter."

"Thanks for sending me your News Letter...always good information and legal advice."

"They are always so well written and serve as a refresher for me."

"Love getting your newsletters."

"You are providing a valuable service to those of us who rarely encounter the legal system, and my hat is off to you for doing this."

"As always, informative and practical.'